Friday, January 12, 2007

2004 Mark West Vin de Corse



My enthusiasm for wine is either inherited or catching. First Rebekah, then Ian and Samantha, now my Dad. The best part is that I'm enjoying great wine everywhere I go, and this time it's free! Haha!

Last night we shared a Mark West 2004 Vin de Corse Pinot Noir ($11). First - check out the website! It is rare to see a winemaker with a revolutionary feel, I'd say.

Dad and Susie purchased a case of this wine a while ago and we finished the last bottle of the case. It is quite fruity without a ton of complexity. Fruity with a fairly long finish and a redder color than I'd expect from Pinot Noir (no amber or gold tint). The grapes for this appelation come from Corsica (hence the name).

A quick Google search turned up a number of different opinions on this wine. I don't know if I've seen such a wide spectrum of reactions to a wine as this! In the end, while it isn't the greatest Pinot Noir and not necessarily a good representative of a "pure" Pinot (if there is such a thing), for the price it is quite good - like my everyday Cab drinker, Cycles Cab. Get it if you see it.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

When do we get to read about the Malbec?

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home