Wednesday, February 07, 2007

2004 Dante Cabernet Sauvignon Special Selection



Winemaker Michael Pozzan, inspired by a trip through the Tuscan countryside, has put together a surprisingly good value in his 2004 Dante Cabernet Sauvignon Special Selection (under $10). Now, I'm the first to admit that I'm a sucker for a California Cab these days, but I'm very picky about what I like. I prefer a thick, layered taste with noticable but not overbearing tannins, dark fruits and a hint of cream. This wine has most of those characteristics, if a bit unrefined.

The tannins are a little harsh and there is a very slight bitterness to this wine, although not nearly as bitter as some others I've tasted recently. For the price (I got it for $8, but have seen it online for $6) this is an excellent value. This would be an excellent wine to pair with food - pasta or a strong cheese - as it holds up well without being too dominant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home